Subject: Poly goes poof. Film at 11.
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 94 04:49:00 UTC

> It is entirely possible that you have a hardware problem...
 
Good thought. However, I've duplicated this vanishing polygon on both
of my machines, another person's toaster, and in front of a bunch of
people at a user group. The polygon goes bye-bye every time.
 
> If none of that works, Turn the machine off, have a slice of pizza,
> and then never think about it again.
 
But I like your last suggestion anyway... it would be just as
effective as anything else I've tried, although I might add a beer :)
 
---
 
To the reply above (I didn't catch the address) stating that the
writer had followed the directions in my post and found the poly to
render just fine:
 
IMHS (I most humbly suggest) that you double-check your reading of the
point coords and camera positions... I also read my post myself and
followed the directions I gave. (Watch out for those decimal points).
 
The only point of possible confusion I found was that by "same," I
meant the same as the previous (0) keyframe, not the same as the Y
setting... thus the camera at keyframe >1< should be:
 
          Camera XYZ: -67, 0.72, 10       Camera HPB: 80, 4, 0
 
I ain't hallucinating... the polygon _does not_ render in keyframe 0.
 
James G. Jones * NIBBLES & BITS * [email-masked]